AMTRA is appointed by the Secretary of State to act as a Regulator for those people increasingly known as RAMAs (Registered Animal Medicines Advisors) and known legally as Suitably Qualified Persons (SQPs) prescribing and supplying POM-VPS and NFA-VPS medicines.
AMTRA is a not-for-profit organisation, working since 1986 to carry out that primary role as a Regulator, but more broadly to support the long-term future of the sector, in particular through a focus on standards. AMTRA manages the registration for about 7000 RAMAs, and seeks to enhance both the quality of the service they provide and wider understanding of that role.
A new role in AMTRA, the Deputy CEO will make inputs into all aspects of the work of AMTRA, and may act as the deputy to the Secretary General in a range of matters.
- To liaise and work with AMTRA’s educational and training providers and partners to effect the continuous development of the AMTRA education and training provision to meet the needs of animal keepers, the animal health industry, government (including the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) in particular) and prospective students, existing students, and those already on the AMTRA Register.
- To seek to enhance AMTRA’s post-qualification information for and education of those on its Register, potentially editing and commissioning content on veterinary/animal health topics, and liaising with existing and new CPD providers.
- To support AMTRA in reviewing and accrediting external CPD
- To coordinate the updating and revision of AMTRA’s training manual
- To support AMTRA inputs to organisations such as SCOPS, COWS, CANTER, RUMA and other external bodies including those involved in animal health planning, and communication of their activities to those on the AMTRA Register
- To support AMTRA’s external PR/Communications agents in identifying and communicating about relevant topics for RAMAs, and for animal owners to enhance their understanding of RAMAs’ roles.
- To represent AMTRA at a high level with key stakeholders and external organisations as directed by the SG
- Such other duties as necessary to ensure the effective operation and administration of all aspects of AMTRA and its related training, education and registry functions.
For more information on the role, please email [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 20 October 2022.