Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) - medicines update
VMD’s medicines update lists new active substance, new marketing authorisations and changes to authorisations most relevant to vets and RAMAs/SQPs for POM-VPS and AVM-GSL medicines.
Full details available in the update document. Of relevance in particular for RAMAs/SQPs see:
- Supaverm Oral Suspension - Elanco
- Deltamole 7.5 mg/ml Pour-on Suspension for Cattle - MSD
- Switch 4% w/v Pour-on Solution - Vet Plus
- Bovimox 5 mg/ml Pour-on Solution for Cattle - EU Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Moxidectin 5 mg/ml Pour-on Solution for Cattle - EU Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Ridamec 5 mg/ml Pour-on Solution for Cattle - EU Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Unomox 5 mg/ml Pour-on Solution for Cattle - EU Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Zermex 0.5% w/v Pour-on Solution for Cattle- Zoetis
See the VMD’s Product Information Database (www.gov.uk/check-animal-medicine-licensed) for more information on each of these products. This includes separate links for the authorisation territories of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Please note, there may be a delay between the issuing of a marketing authorisation and the product being placed on the market.
It is important to report any suspected pharmacovigilance events to the regulatory authority which is the VMD in the UK. If there is any concern for animal welfare, veterinary involvement must be recommended as soon as possible. It is worth contacting the manufacturer for any additional advice. Manufacturer contact details can be found on the product packaging and leaflet.