AMTRA general terms and conditions (1 August 2023)
1. In these terms and conditions the following words will bear the following meaning:
a. AMTRA means the Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority Ltd of 1c Windmill Avenue, Woolpit, Bury St Edmunds, IP30 9UP.
b. RAMA means a Registered Animal Medicines Advisor, that is to say a Suitably Qualified Person as defined in the Veterinary Medicines Regulations
c. Student RAMA means an individual studying to become a RAMA having enrolled as such with AMTRA
d. Student RAMA enrolment means the process of applying and paying for registration as a RAMA student
e. Annual RAMA renewal means the process of applying and paying for inclusion on the subsequent calendar year's AMTRA Register
f. Reinstatement means the process of applying and paying for inclusion on the current year's AMTRA Register by an individual who did not successfully undertake annual RAMA renewal by 30 November of the preceding calendar year
2. Payments for services provided by AMTRA including annual RAMA renewal and student RAMA enrolment are non-refundable and non-transferable except in the circumstances below: a. where duplicate payment is made for the same service and AMTRA is notified within 30 days, a full refund will be given; b. where an individual is enrolled as a student RAMA and a request is made to AMTRA within twelve months to transfer that enrolment to another individual, the transfer may be made on payment of an administration fee and on receipt of signed confirmation from the original student RAMA: the new person will take the same enrolment date as the original person.
3. Save as provided under clause 2, no refund is payable in respect of individuals who cease to be active as RAMAs or cease to study to become RAMAs for whatever reason including but not limited to change in role within a company, change of employer, death, removal or suspension by AMTRA from the Register under Constitutional Framework document CF1.
4. Payments for annual RAMA renewal or reinstatement are made for the calendar year in question and no reduction is permitted in respect of part-years.
5. Fees for annual RAMA renewal and reinstatement and for student RAMA enrolment shall be set by the AMTRA Board taking into account the recommendation of the AMTRA Council. Details of the fees may be found on the AMTRA website.
6. On receipt of valid application and payment for annual RAMA renewal or reinstatement, the RAMA will be renewed or reinstated on the AMTRA Register within 10 working days.
7. On receipt of valid application and payment for student RAMA enrolment, the individual will be enrolled as a student and a written training manual dispatched to the address provided by courier within 10 working days.
8. A student RAMA shall cease to have that status 24 months after enrolment with AMTRA unless a supplementary fee is paid before the expiry of those 24 months or 24 months after the last examination attempt whichever is later.
9. In enrolling as a student RAMA or undertaking the annual RAMA renewal individuals accept to abide by the current version of the Code of Practice for SQPs which may be amended from time to time and to accept that actual, supposed or claimed transgressions by a RAMA which might constitute a breach of professional standards or contravene the Code of Practice will be dealt with by AMTRA under Constitutional Framework document CF1.
10. AMTRA holds such data about RAMAs and RAMA students as may be necessary to perform AMTRA's duties as a body appointed by the Secretary of State under the Veterinary Medicines Regulations to keep a register of Suitably Qualified Persons. The uses to which AMTRA may put such data are described in AMTRA's data protection statement which may be found on the AMTRA website.
AMTRA RAMA (SQP) Enrolment Conditions (1 April 2022)
- To the best of my knowledge the details on this form are correct.
- I have selected the RAMA (SQP) type I wish to enrol as and I understand the consequences of this choice.
- I understand that AMTRA will not normally permit more than four attempts at an AMTRA exam (written or oral).
- I understand that to be admitted to the AMTRA Register I will be required to sit an AMTRA examination within 24 months of this enrolment date, unless I have paid the required additional fee before the expiry of the 24 months. I understand that enrolment with AMTRA as a RAMA student shall cease 24 months after the last examination attempt.
- I understand that as all AMTRA qualifications are personal qualifications of the individual, it is important that I tell AMTRA of any change of personal details, address or other contact details.
- I understand that someone will need to sign for delivery of my training manual, and I have selected an appropriate delivery address with that in mind.
- The enrolment fee includes the examination fee provided all exam modules are sat at the same time: a “separate sitting” fee may be charged if I choose to spread the exam modules (including the viva) over more than one date or location.
- The enrolment fee is non-refundable and generally non-transferable. However, with the signed agreement of the originally enrolled person and on payment of an administrative fee, the enrolment may be transferred to another person within twelve months of the original enrolment: the new person will take the same enrolment date as the original person.
- A cancellation/withdrawal fee will be charged if I withdraw from an exam within 4 weeks of the exam: this fee is payable before a fresh exam booking will be accepted.
- The enrolment fee includes the AMTRA Register fee for the remainder of the calendar year in which I qualify as an AMTRA RAMA (SQP).
- Once qualified as an AMTRA RAMA (SQP), an annual fee is payable by 30 November of each year in respect of the following year in order to stay on the AMTRA Register: higher fees will be charged for payments received on or after 1 December.
- Once qualified as an AMTRA RAMA (SQP), I understand that I will be required to undertake CPD as required by the AMTRA Board in order to stay on the AMTRA Register.
- Once qualified as an AMTRA RAMA (SQP), I understand that I will be required to act in a professional way, including but not limited to abiding by the SQP Code of Practice, the Veterinary Medicines Regulations, and any other obligations imposed by AMTRA.